- Support and encouragement of all swimmers in all squads during training and competition
- Representation of the Club as swimmersâ€™ leader during competition
- Liaison with coaches regarding support with training eg ensuring prompt start to warm up
- Promote team spirit and fair play
- Follow and promote ASA and Club Child Protection Policy
- Help supervise, referring to other Club officials if necessary, behaviour in changing rooms, at galas, at training sessions and during coach travel
- Assist with social events throughout the year
- Liaise with other Captains/Vice Captains to ensure representation by at least one at all events/meetings
- Support team managers/coaches with galas by:
- Advising other team members of selection
1. - Ensuring completion of team sheet by swimmers
2. - Supporting on poolside to help manage the team
3. - Help wherever possible at Club events ie Club Championships, Open Meet, Time Trials, in addition to swimming
1. Chief coach asks all her coaching team for swimmer nominations based on training attitude, commitment, attendance and support for teammates and the coaches.
2. Those swimmers are then invited to attend a 15 minute structured interview if they wish to be considered.